1785 Inn Lemon Orange Muffins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons grated orange peel.
Preheat oven to 350*. In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar, canola oil, eggs, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition. Fold the zest into the mixture with a spatula.
Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until muffin top springs back when lightly pressed. Yields 15 muffins. Let cool slightly and frost with orange glaze.
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel.
In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until well blended.